Discover prototyping, the tool for quickly and inexpensively exploring multiple iterations of designs and testing their performance.
- Hi, I'm James Williamson, senior author at lynda.com and I want to welcome you to Foundations of UX: Prototyping. In this course we'll explore prototyping and how it can help create better user experiences for your websites and applications. We'll start by covering some of the basics of prototyping and how to properly target your prototype's goals. We'll then move on to exploring the prototyping process, covering multiple ways to generate effective prototypes and discuss how to properly test and evaluate your prototypes. We'll wrap everything up with a look at how to choose the right prototyping tool and go over some of the many prototyping resources that are available to you.
I feel I should mention early on that this is not a hands-on project-based course. This is an overview of the processes, strategies, and workflows surrounding prototyping. The goal of this course is to introduce you to the tools, techniques, and strategies of prototyping and let you figure out which workflow works best for you and your team. Great user experiences don't happen by accident. They take careful planning and a design process that's focused on the end user. Successful prototypes can be an important part of this process, and I'm looking forward to showing you a few ways that you can make your prototypes more effective.
- What is a prototype?
- How prototyping helps user experience
- Defining prototype goals
- Sketching ideas
- Creating paper prototypes
- Building low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes
- Creating HTML prototypes
- Testing and evaluating prototypes
- Choosing the right prototyping tool