Join David Hogue for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing interaction designs, part of Applied Interaction Design.
In the Interaction Design Fundamentals course, we discuss the three types of models.…The first is a Mental Model and this the way a person thinks that something should work.…This is the expectation and the experience that they bring with them.…I have an idea about how it should work to build a custom bouquet.…The Conceptual Model is the way the design and development team approaches the functionality.…In other words, how they design it to work.…How is this actually going to happen in the interface, and then the System Model…is the way it actually works we could say under the hood.…
- Defining a customer scenario
- Improving navigation
- Working with content in grids
- Establishing a sense of place on category pages
- Exploring infinite scroll and pagination methods
- Using tooltips to deliver contextual content
- Working with light boxes and layers
- Improving form structure
- Handling errors and presenting effective error messages
- Comparing the original site to the enhanced site
Skill Level Beginner
2. Category Pages
3. Detail Page and Mini-Cart
Understanding motivation3m 29s
4. Content Pages
6. Cart and Checkout
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.