Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Write the proposal, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- So by now, you've put a lot of work…into figuring out exactly what the client wants.…Hopefully, you charge for discovery…and you've already covered your time…scoping this project.…Now you want to get the actual project…which is usually much larger than the discovery phase.…Now you have one chance to convince your client…that you are the right choice.…The good news is, if you went through the initial phase…closely with your client,…the odds of getting the project are very good.…The reason I say this is because companies sometimes use…the discovery phase as a try-out project,…and unless you miss the mark,…the proposal is simply documentation.…
Again though, take this process seriously.…Remember the people want to know…that your company is the right choice for their business.…So the most important thing you can do…is appear trustworthy and then your client…has the opportunity to put their trust in your hands.…Using the deliverables you created…in the definition phase such as the wire-frames,…a sitemap and prototypes,…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.