Join Christina Truong for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Getting Your Website Online.
- [Instructor] To get the most out of this course, it would be good to have some general knowledge about creating websites with HTML and CSS, or using website builders. This course does not cover how to build a website, but rather, how to get your website online.
- Domain names and URLs
- Different types of web hosting
- Purchasing domains
- Website builders
- WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
- Options for setting up an online store
- Hosted and self-hosted websites
- Setting up a domain separate from hosting
- Self-hosting with WordPress
Skill Level Beginner
2. Hosted Websites
3. Self-Hosted Websites
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.