Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Learning Atom.
- [Voiceover] Learn Atom: The Basics, is a beginner course. It's meant to introduce you to the features of Atom, GitHub's open-source editor. However, I do expect you to have some experience working with operating systems, creating files, and even some experience with some sort of basic editor, so that you already know how to work with things like Copy and Paste, and how to edit content on your platform. Now in the last chapter I do dedicate a few movies to working with Atom and GitHub. And that means that you should have some experience working with Git and GitHub before you watch those last few couple of movies.
Now if you need help with that, check out my other course; Up and Running with Git and GitHub.
- Downloading and installing Atom
- Managing tabs and panes
- Managing and folding content
- Changing text
- Working with selections and multiple cursors
- Customizing Atom packages
- Customizing theme styles
- Integrating Atom with Git and GitHub