Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Learning Genesis for WordPress.
- [Announcer] This course is for people who've either purchased the Genesis Framework from StudioPress or they're just thinking about working with Genesis. While you don't have to have a copy of the theme to view the course, you will need on if you want to experiment with the framework or go through theme setup on your computer. There are not prerequisites to watching this course, although a general familiarity with WordPress is helpful. The only other thing you'll need is a readiness to learn.
- What is Genesis?
- Which files make up a child theme?
- Setting up navigation options, breadcrumbs, and comments
- Adding custom header and footer scripts
- Working with menus
- Working with the Featured Post and Featured Page widgets
- Using the Genesis Import/Export feature
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated 5/11/2017. What topics were part of the update?
A. The following topics were part of the update: prerequisite knowledge, installing Genesis, shopping for a Genesis theme, and next steps.