Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- For this course we'll be talking through the whole process of scoping an ecommerce project. You don't need to know anything about ecommerce, but you should be familiar with building general websites. We won't be getting into the nitty gritty details about design, creating pages, and writing HTML that you'd have to consider for your average website. However, you should be somewhat familiar with scoping projects in general. We'll dive into the specific ecommerce related features in this course. If you do want to have a little more context about the nuts and bolts of setting up an ecommerce site, you can watch WordPress: Ecommerce and Learning Shopify here in the library.
Let's get to it.
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.