Learn how to quickly pick up new web development languages and frameworks, including Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby.
- Many web developers identify with one programming language, even though their skills translate readily to working in other ones. When you're a capable, creative developer, learning to understand code from other languages can increase your overall value as a programmer and improve your skills in your base language. I'm Kirsten Hunter and I've been programming in several languages for over 20 years. This course will take you through an API server in four interpreted languages, covering Node.js, Python, Perl and Ruby, with interactive elements and student challenges.
We'll go through each of these languages one at a time while building a web-based quote server. I'm really excited to give you a taste of these languages. Let's get started!
- Why become a polyglot programmer?
- Exploring Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby code
- Building on prior knowledge to learn new programming languages
- Learning API read and write functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Implementing API functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Becoming a Polyglot
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.