Learn how to capture feedback and collaborate in real time with a full-stack polling application built with Socket IO and React.js.
- Hello, and welcome to Building a Polling App with Socket.IO and ReactJS. I'm Alex Banks. The purpose of this course is to develop an interactive, full stack polling application that uses data in real time. The app will allow a speaker to start a presentation, and interact with audience members by asking questions and graphing their responses. To build this app, we're gonna be using a combination of technologies. We'll get started by setting up an Express app with Node.js, then we'll incorporate Socket.IO to handle real time data sharing. On the client side, we're gonna be using React to build our user interfaces.
We'll wrap up by refactoring our React components for ES6 integration. When we're finished, you'll have a working Socket application that handles real time data creatively. So, with that, let's dive into building this polling app with Socket.IO and React.
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.