- Creating a new Django project
- Defining Django models and fields
- Querying data with the Django ORM
- Building views and templates
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Caleb Smith and welcome to Up and Running with Python and Django. Django is a web framework built on top of Python that allows you to rapidly create and maintainable web applications. In this course, we'll start by installing Python and Django. I'll walk you through how to configure and set up a simple project. Next, we'll look at how models, URL patterns, views, and templates are used together to create powerful modular code. Once we have a solid grasp of each of these, we'll create simple inventory tracking application.
Q: pip says it was installed correctly, and I've updated the PATH variable as shown, but the pip --version command isn't working. Why?
A: Depending on your computer's setup, you'll need to restart your terminal/command prompt before the additions you've made to the PATH variable are respected. With some setups, even that won't be enough, and you may need to restart the entire machine before you are able to use the pip command directly.