Learn about Ruby, general language features, the advantages and strengths of the programming language, and the Sinatra driver.
- Now it's time for Ruby.…While it's the language here that I've used the least,…I truly enjoy programming in Ruby.…After working through the code for this course,…I'm planning to start doing more of my development…in this language.…Ruby was written by Yukihiro Matsumoto, or Mats…in the early 90s.…He created it because he wanted to work with…a language that was object oriented,…easy to use, and in fact, a joy to work with.…He didn't find these features in any other language,…so he wrote Ruby.…
It's known for its expressiveness and readability,…along with syntax that makes it truly a joy to work with.…As Mats himself has said,…"It's optimized for the programmer experience."…You've probably heard of Ruby in the context…of Ruby on Rails, but Ruby is a legitimate…programming language on its own without a framework.…Tools like Jekyll and Homebrew, and services like…Chef and Heroku use Ruby as a programming language…and there are a multitude of projects…using Ruby on Rails.…
Ruby is, as I mentioned, an object oriented language.…
- Why become a polyglot programmer?
- Exploring Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby code
- Building on prior knowledge to learn new programming languages
- Learning API read and write functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Implementing API functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Becoming a Polyglot
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.