Learn about Python, general language features, the advantages and strengths of the programming language, Flask, and the MongoDB driver.
- So removing from a language…highly focused on concurrent operations…to an object-oriented language…designed to be self-contained,…Python is well known for its insistence…on consistent spacing and indentation,…but this gives it a few advantages.…First, the code is much more readable…because of these syntax requirements.…It's easier to figure out what's going on in the code.…In fact, I frequently say that it's the easiest language…to scan and understand if you don't already know it.…
Second, enforcing the white space requirements…means that Python can use a lot fewer decorators,…dollar signs, curly brackets and the like.…This also improves the readability of the code.…There are several interesting features of Python,…many of which we won't hit on in the code sample…but which are great to know.…First of all, Python takes a much different view…of libraries than other systems like Node.…Node is designed to be as minimal as possible…and let you install libraries as you need them.…
Python is designed to have everything you need…
- Why become a polyglot programmer?
- Exploring Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby code
- Building on prior knowledge to learn new programming languages
- Learning API read and write functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Implementing API functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Becoming a Polyglot
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.