Get a quick description of Node.js, general language features, and the advantages and strengths of the programming language. Additionally, learn about Express and the MongoDB driver.
- I'm going to start with Node, it's the first language.…Node has many characteristics that make it a great choice…for a web application like the one we're making.…One of the great features of Node is non-blocking IO.…Node is event driven, and asynchronous by nature.…Interactions with external services can fired off…with the rest of the program continuing un-hindered.…When the command returns, the callback is executed.…While asynchronous programming is nothing new,…historically this kind of programming required the…implementation of threads or at least the use of a…library to implement threading.…
- Why become a polyglot programmer?
- Exploring Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby code
- Building on prior knowledge to learn new programming languages
- Learning API read and write functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Implementing API functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Becoming a Polyglot
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.