Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand shipping needs, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- Shipping is one of those areas where you can do it…very cheaply or it can be very expensive.…So if you are working with a client…with this smaller budget you can start with something simple…and follow up with something more advanced.…Now if the client is going to use either free shipping or…flat rate shipping this won't take much time at all.…Flat rate shipping is where the customer pays a…flat rate per order or per item.…So it might be $20 shipped anywhere in the US…and $30 worldwide.…This might take just a few minutes for someone who is…experienced with their Ecommerce platform or…if your not familiar it could take a hour or two.…
Most Ecommerce platforms offer all sorts of options…that make flat rate shipping one of the easiest to set up.…Now if your client is going to use live rates from…USPS, UPS, FedEx or some other shipping company…there is a bit more complexity and it's a common…pitfall for Ecommerce stores to offer all of these options.…That's actually something I never recommend…because you are doing three times the work and…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.