Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting the presentation, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- [Voiceover] So now we're ready…to start joining our speakers, and joining a speaker's…going to be slightly different than joining…an audience member, because when we…join a speaker, we also need to collect…the presentation title.…So joining a speaker is actually like…starting the presentation.…So let's go into our components directory…and into our parts directory, and let's take a look…at that join form that we have for the audience members.…So we're going to use a form that's similar to this,…so what I'm going to go ahead and do is just…copy everything from this component,…and then I will right-click over this parts folder…and select New File, and then immediately I'm going…to save that file as JoinSpeaker.js.…
And I will paste the contents from our Join component…into this JoinSpeaker file.…Now, we need to make a couple of changes to this file.…First, we need to call the component JoinSpeaker.…And we also need to export here, on line 27,…the JoinSpeaker component.…The next thing that we need to do is…we're going to change this event handler here…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
Learn React.js: The Basics (2015)with Eve Porcello1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.