- [Instructor] Welcome back.…How did the challenge go?…It was a relatively straightforward exercise.…We'll get more challenging as we move forward.…Let's look at the code…and make sure everything's working for you.…First, scroll down to the delete method.…So the first piece is adding a delete operation…to the chain of methods for an endpoint.…But where?…Should it be in the list of items…or on the individual item?…If you decided to put it in the individual item chain,…you're spot on.…A delete operation needs to happen on a specific item…and not on the list.…
If list allowed delete,…it should in fact delete the entire list…and that's very rarely what you want to happen.…And for deleting at the individual item level…we should be able to define our query object easily.…In fact, it can just be copied from the read…for this type of object.…We're looking for an item in the database…with the specified index.…Remember that you need to cast the index field to an integer…to make sure it works correctly.…Trust me when I tell you this really makes a difference.…
- Why become a polyglot programmer?
- Exploring Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby code
- Building on prior knowledge to learn new programming languages
- Learning API read and write functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Implementing API functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Becoming a Polyglot
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.