Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up React build with webpack, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- So we're going to use React as our view layer.…And the first thing that we want to do…to use React is to install it.…So start with npm install react…and that will install React for us.…So the next step is we need to go ahead…and build our first React component.…So I'm going to go back into Sublime.…And over here in our root, our start folder,…I'm going to right click over that…and I'm going to select New Folder.…We're going to create a folder called components.…And all of our React components are going to be stored…inside of this folder.…So now I'm going to right click over my components folder…and select New File.…
And I'm going to immediately save this file…as APP.js.…So this is going to be our APP component…or the very first component…that we will render into our index.html.…So let's just go ahead and code it.…We're going to need to use React…and we require that React module that we installed there.…And now we need create our component.…So we'll create a variable called APP.…We'll use React.createClass to create that component.…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.