Get a brief explanation of sales tax.
- [Instructor] Taxes are incredibly important…because if you do them wrong, you're going to be…in trouble with the government.…Big commerce makes taxes pretty easy to collect.…But if you've never thought about when…and how you should collect taxes,…and for online sales, we're specifically talking…about sales tax, then it can be confusing.…So let's cover some of the big concepts…you'll need to know to understand…when you should collect taxes.…Almost all products you can sell online are taxable.…That means you have to collect taxes…for those products and submit those taxes…to a governing body.…
There are usually a couple of exceptions…for necessary products like food or medicine.…But these vary state by state and country by country.…And sometimes they have criteria that you need…to meet as a vendor.…If you don't know if you have to pay taxes on something,…assume you do.…You can always hire a tax professional to know for sure,…but a safe debt is to assume you have to collect…and submit sales tax.…The biggest and maybe the most confusing area…
- Why choose BigCommerce?
- Adding products
- Importing products
- Selecting a theme
- Editing product pages and menus
- Setting up shipping
- Setting up payments and taxes
- Viewing sales on the BigCommerce dashboard
- Omni-channel commerce and BigCommerce
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to BigCommerce
3. Select a Theme
5. Payment and Taxes
6. BigCommerce Dashboard
7. Omni-Channel Commerce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.