Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Red flags, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- I want to point out a couple of red flags…that you should watch out for…because they could add a lot of time to your project.…The first is pretty common: out-of-date software.…You'll often find clients with software…that's horribly out of date.…I've seen clients that are years out of date,…so their themes, plug-ins, and core software…are all running on an older system.…Now, I can write WooCommerce code,…but I can't write code for an ancient system…with ancient plug-ins that all interact with one another.…It's like a plumber working on a water system…from a house built in the early 1900s.…
They'll take one look at it, and they'll warn their client…that they can't guarantee their work because of the system.…Unlike plumbers, however, e-commerce has an advantage.…You can update the whole system.…Let the client know that for you to update their site,…you have to spend at least an hour…updating their existing system.…It should all go fine, but just in case,…you're going to make a backup.…And you're going to fix any problems that arise.…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.