Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Quantity of products, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- In addition to the type of products,…it's crucial to understand…how many products you might be selling,…and it's usually your job…to load all the products correctly into the site.…You need to figure out how many products they're offering.…If it's just one product,…this is something you can and should absorb into your costs.…Assuming you already have the description…and images for the product,…it shouldn't take you very long…to add that product to the site.…You can also think about using…simpler ecommerce platforms like Gumroad…instead of bigger and more complex platforms…like WooCommerce or Shopify.…
Using a simple platform can save you time…and your client money.…If they're selling over 100 products,…you'll need a list of all the products in a CSV file,…and that's because at that size,…you don't want to manually enter products.…There's a very good chance for human error,…which could cause problems.…Once you get the CSV from your client,…you'll need to upload the CSV to your ecommerce platform.…Just about every platform has a CSV uploader.…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.