- Setting up the environment
- Understanding JSON data
- Preventing data theft
- Returning readable JSON
- Testing for an empty object
- Creating a basic schema with JSON schema
- Validating JSON data against a schema
- Converting between JSON and XML
- Converting between JSON and YAML
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Sasha] JSON is the go-to data structure for the web, for apps, and for the back end world behind the scenes as well. The syntax itself is pretty straightforward, but mastering working with JSON in a variety of situations can take some work. I'm Sasha Vodnik, a web developer, author, and educator. In this course, I'll move you along from the simple entry-level use cases for JSON to working with JSON data in more nuanced and challenging scenarios.
We'll explore a few situations where working with JSON can be a little more complicated than it may seem on the surface. And I'll show you how to solve some challenges that JSON can present in your apps. By building your understanding of a few concepts and mastering some simple tools, you'll be able to use JSON data to meet the requirements of any app or service that you build. Let's get started!