Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Present the proposal, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- I'm often surprised how much time a company…will spend researching and writing a proposal…and then not spend any time practicing…the presentation of that proposal.…It's like writing the best resume of all time…and showing up at the job interview in ripped jeans.…Sometimes, I recommend sending the document…to the client ahead of time.…Particularly, if there are a lot of special requests.…That way, they can let you know…if they have any technical questions ahead of time.…The goal, going through the discovery process, paid or not,…is to find out the client's needs…and create a project to solve them.…
When you're presenting your proposal,…you want to walk the client through it step by step.…They'll likely have questions for you…about your goals, methodology, and also your costs.…It's your job to explain all of these in a convincing way.…So first thing's first, be comfortable with your material,…that's the best way to appear confident.…If I ask you right now to talk for 15 minutes…about your favorite vacation ever…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.