Join Enno Stuurman for an in-depth discussion in this video Page layouts in Magento themes, part of Building Magento 2 Themes.
- [Instructor] In a previous video, we removed…the Keep Magento Healthy text from our footer,…and in this video, I'm going to explain you…a little bit more about the Magento page layout.…For that, I've opened here the Category page.…First, we open up our dev console.…We're just going to have a look at how a page…in Magento 2 is built up.…Everything is wrapped in a page wrapper.…
Then we have the header, which contains the logo,…and the top links, like the My Account, Wish List, etc.…Then we have the main navigation…and the breadcrumbs, and beneath that we have…a main section, which contains the page title,…your page messages like notices or warnings…when you add items to the cart or when you…subscribe to a newsletter and get confirmation about that,…and then we have the columns parts.…
The columns part contains the main column,…which in this case of the Category page is…the products list, and then we have a sidebar…which contains filters, and a sidebar additional…which contains the Compare to Products…and the Wish List blocks, and finally, we have the footer.…
Learn how to create and customize Magento 2 themes. Instructor Enno Stuurman begins the course by taking a look at the default Luma theme. After he goes over the structure of Luma, he helps you use that knowledge to build your own unique theme. Enno discusses page layouts in Magento themes, overriding and extending Magento theme CSS, deploying Magento 2 themes to production, and more. Throughout the course, he covers Knockout.js, Grunt, and other tools you need to master Magento theming.
- Creating custom Magento themes
- Changing the theme logo and favicon
- Moving elements inside a theme layout
- Customizing a product page
- Understanding CSS in Magento themes
- Changing your theme style with overrides