Join Enno Stuurman for an in-depth discussion in this video Overriding and extending Magento theme CSS, part of Building Magento 2 Themes.
- [Instructor] So this video we're actually going…to change the look and feel of our Magento two web show.…We're actually going to change the navigation borders here…so they're more in line with our Themento logo.…So, in a previous video…we entered in the styles-m,…but you could also have added the styles-l less.…And in the end of the file, you'll see that…a source theme less is imported…and a source extend less.…And we're going to use both files…to edit changes through our themes.…
Magento, of course, is the simplest ways…to customize a theme's styles.…And you can find more about it in your Devdocsmagenta.com.…And why is it the simplest way?…Well it's the simplest way because actually these files…when you add them to your own custom theme…are always imported in the final styles.…So, first let's use the theme less file.…Now for that, we're going to change, we're going to add…to our web CSS, to a web folder we're going to add…a CSS source folder.…
And in that folder, we're going to add a theme less.…So what do we want to change?…
Learn how to create and customize Magento 2 themes. Instructor Enno Stuurman begins the course by taking a look at the default Luma theme. After he goes over the structure of Luma, he helps you use that knowledge to build your own unique theme. Enno discusses page layouts in Magento themes, overriding and extending Magento theme CSS, deploying Magento 2 themes to production, and more. Throughout the course, he covers Knockout.js, Grunt, and other tools you need to master Magento theming.
- Creating custom Magento themes
- Changing the theme logo and favicon
- Moving elements inside a theme layout
- Customizing a product page
- Understanding CSS in Magento themes
- Changing your theme style with overrides