Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- Thank you for joining me for…creating a polling app with Socket IO and React.…I hope you've enjoyed this course.…Now that we've put together a full fledged…polling application you may be wondering where…to go from here.…The next iterations that are worthwhile to consider…with this app have to do with performance and security.…If you're interested in taking those steps on your…own you could improve Socket security by looking…into Socket IO namespaces as well as…Socket Authorization.…If you are interested in improving the performance…of your React UI there is no better step…than to integrate the shouldComponentUpdate()…lifecycle function.…
To learn more about React I recommend…taking a look at the React documentation.…It's really an excellent resource for sharpening…your React skills.…The React/Router also has great documentation.…You can take a look at their docs…to see how to do more complex routing as well…as how to incorporate routing variables.…Finally, socket.io has great documentation as well…and it's worthwhile to take a dive into these…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.