Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of HTML Essential Training.
- [James] I hope you had fun exploring…the fundamental concepts and syntax of HTML.…Before we wrap up, I wanted to leave you with some resources…that can help you dig deeper into HTML…and become a better web designer.…I wanna start with the specification itself.…I'm not saying that you have to read all…of the HTML5 specification all the way through,…but I recommend taking a very thorough look…at the HTML5 specification…which we see here on the W3C's website.…I also recommend checking out the differences…between HTML4 and HTML5,…the W3C has a nice document on that,…as a way of understanding how things have evolved over time.…
as a way of understanding how things have evolved over time.…You also wanna make sure that you're writing valid HTML code…so be sure to bookmark the W3C's markup validator.…This free syntax examines your code,…it lets you know if there are any issues with your syntax,…and it's a really great way to learn the rules of HTML…as you write your code.…It also has the option of showing the document outline,…
- Why is HTML important?
- Exploring an HTML document
- Formatting content
- Displaying images
- Using nav, article, and div elements
- Linking to pages and downloadable content
- Creating lists
- Controlling styling (fonts, colors, and more)
- Writing basic scripts
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing HTML
2. Basic Page Structure
3. Formatting Page Content
4. Structuring Content
5. Creating Links
6. Creating Lists
7. Controlling Styling
8. Basic Scripting
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.