Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Genesis for WordPress.
- [Carrie] You made it, congratulations…on completing the learning Genesis for WordPress course.…I hope you have a better grasp on what the Genesis…framework is and how you can use it on your website.…Together we've learned how to install Genesis…and a child theme, how to configure Genesis theme settings,…how to use Genesis-specific widgets,…work with page templates, create menus, and much more.…In short, you're up and running with Genesis.…To continue your learning I highly recommend…engaging with other Genesis users via…social media and the Studio Press forums…located at studiopress.com.…
I also wanted to recommend a few other courses.…The learning CSS course is a great…way to get the basics of CSS.…So if you want to do things like change your fonts…or the colors on your website you can do that…with a few basic CSS pointers.…Next is the Genesis in WordPress DIY series.…In this series I show you how to use specific…themes to set up specific types of websites,…everything from a restaurant site to a small business site.…
- What is Genesis?
- Which files make up a child theme?
- Setting up navigation options, breadcrumbs, and comments
- Adding custom header and footer scripts
- Working with menus
- Working with the Featured Post and Featured Page widgets
- Using the Genesis Import/Export feature
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated 5/11/2017. What topics were part of the update?
A. The following topics were part of the update: prerequisite knowledge, installing Genesis, shopping for a Genesis theme, and next steps.