Join Enno Stuurman for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving elements inside the theme layout, part of Building Magento 2 Themes.
- [Instructor] So in our previous video,…we explained to you a little bit more…about the page layouts in Magento,…and how a page is built up.…In this video, we are actually going…to move an .html item using layout XML.…And we're actually going to move our page title.…We want to move it just above the products list,…so our filters can shift up a little bit,…and take their precious space just below the breadcrumbs.…
So as you see here in the structure,…the page title is actually inside the main contents,…but our contents, which is in this case the products list,…is in the column main.…So actually we want to move our page title…to our column main.…And how would we do that, using layout XML?…I'll show you right away.…When we want to overwrite layouts,…I told you before, the best way is first…to have a look at our parent theme.…
And our parent theme is in the vendor Magento folder…as the module that's the theme-frontend-blank.…So, it's not useful to open every file,…and looking for a title.…Well, what we could do, kind of thinking about…
Learn how to create and customize Magento 2 themes. Instructor Enno Stuurman begins the course by taking a look at the default Luma theme. After he goes over the structure of Luma, he helps you use that knowledge to build your own unique theme. Enno discusses page layouts in Magento themes, overriding and extending Magento theme CSS, deploying Magento 2 themes to production, and more. Throughout the course, he covers Knockout.js, Grunt, and other tools you need to master Magento theming.
- Creating custom Magento themes
- Changing the theme logo and favicon
- Moving elements inside a theme layout
- Customizing a product page
- Understanding CSS in Magento themes
- Changing your theme style with overrides