Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading and displaying questions, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- The other thing that a speaker…will need to see on their screen…is a predefined list of questions…to ask at the presentation.…Let's go ahead and add those questions.…I'm going to come into the root of the project…and right-click over the root and select New File.…I'm going to instantly save this file as app-questions,…and this is where we will store all of the questions.…So what we're going to do is export…an array of questions.…And I have some questions on my clipboard,…so I'm just going to go ahead and paste these questions in.…
Now this would be a very good time for you…to personalize the app with your own creative questions.…You can ask as many questions as you want,…you just need to follow the same object schema…for each question.…So here, we have each question as an object.…On line two to line eight is our first question,…nine to 15 is our second.…We can include as many questions as we like,…but you need to have a key for q,…which is the actual question that we're asking here,…and then multiple-choice selections for a, b, c and d.…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
Learn React.js: The Basics (2015)with Eve Porcello1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.