- Installing the Ionic CLI
- Creating an Ionic project
- Setting up a Firebase project
- Creating the feed and post page
- Building a data provider
- Integrating AngularFire2
- Replacing a data provider with AngularFire2
- Detecting when your app loses network connection
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Steve] Ionic is a hybrid application framework for building mobile applications using web technologies you already know and love. Hello, I'm Steven Emmerich and I have been building web based, front end, back end, and mobile applications for over five years. I am here to bring you through building a mobile app using the Ionic framework version two. This course will cover using the Ionic command line interface to create a new project and add components to the project, how to use Firebase as a serverless backend for a database, and how to use the AngularFire2 library as a connection between the app and the Firebase database.
Ionic has been around for a few years, now, and has become the defacto hybrid application framework. With the advent of version two nearing a final release, the possibilities for this framework have grown exponentially. Now, let's jump in feet first and get this app going.