Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling disconnects, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- At present we don't know how many sockets…we have connected, and if a socket disconnects…we're not indicating that status to the user.…We need to keep track of our socket connections…and indicate to the user when the socket has disconnected.…To get started doing this work…we're going to go ahead and open up our app-server file.…In our app-server file the very first thing we're going…to do is create a variable to store all of our connections.…Down here on line four…I'm going to create a variable called connections…and I'm going to set that to an array.…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.