Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Graphing the results, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- We need to take our answer data and visualize it…in a way that makes sense to our audience.…I think a bar graph would work nicely.…I don't have to build a bar graph from scratch…because my friends in the community have already developed…plenty of tools that I can use to get this job done.…In fact, there is a bar graph component…that I can use from a library called react-d3.…So let's go ahead and install react-d3.…react-d3 is a library of data visualization components…that were developed used Data-Driven Documents,…or the d3 framework.…In this lesson we're just gonna use the BarGraph component…so we won't have to implement any d3.…
Let's go ahead and go over to Sublime…and go into our components directory…and find the board component.…Here's where we want to use that bar graph.…In react-d3 the component for a bar graph…is called a BarChart, so on line three…I'm going to create a variable…to hold that BarChart component.…And then we will require our react-d3 library.…I only need the BarChart component so I'm just going to…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.