Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Developer and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
This course is great for developers who want to secure their client's websites, and for anyone else who wants to learn more about web security.
- Why security matters
- What is a hacker?
- How to write a security policy
- Cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- SQL injection
- Session hijacking and fixation
- Passwords and encryption
- Secure credit card payments
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] My name is Kevin Skoglund. Welcome to Foundations of Programming: Web Security. In this course, we're going to learn the fundamentals of web security. We'll begin with an overview of security, as well as to learn about different types of hackers, and what motivates them. We will cover eight fundamental security principles, which can be applied to any context. We will learn how to filter input to protect your website, as well as how to be smart about the data that you output. We will walk through the techniques behind the most common attacks on your server, and learn solutions that can protect against them.
We will learn the best practices to use for implementing user log-ins to password protected areas. We will discover how to be smart about security when working with credit card payments, regular expressions, source code managers, and databases. Let's get started learning about web security.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.