Foundations of Programming: Web Security
Learn about the most important security concerns when developing websites, and what you can do to keep your servers, software, and data safe from harm. Instructor Kevin Skoglund explains what motivates hackers and their most common methods of attacks, and then details the techniques and mindset needed to craft solutions for these web security challenges. Learn the eight fundamental principles that underlie all security efforts, the importance of filtering input and controlling output, and smart strategies for encryption and user authentication. Kevin also covers special considerations when it comes to credit cards, regular expressions, source code managers, and databases.
This course is great for developers who want to secure their client's websites, and for anyone else who wants to learn more about web security.
- Why security matters
- What is a hacker?
- How to write a security policy
- Cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- SQL injection
- Session hijacking and fixation
- Passwords and encryption
- Secure credit card payments
- [Voiceover] My name is Kevin Skoglund. Welcome to Foundations of Programming: Web Security. In this course, we're going to learn the fundamentals of web security. We'll begin with an overview of security, as well as to learn about different types of hackers, and what motivates them. We will cover eight fundamental security principles, which can be applied to any context. We will learn how to filter input to protect your website, as well as how to be smart about the data that you output. We will walk through the techniques behind the most common attacks on your server, and learn solutions that can protect against them.
We will learn the best practices to use for implementing user log-ins to password protected areas. We will discover how to be smart about security when working with credit card payments, regular expressions, source code managers, and databases. Let's get started learning about web security.
Practical Apache Web Server Administration71,708 Views
AWK Essential Training128,880 Views
Up and Running with vi83,458 Views
Using Regular Expressions531,389 Views
Virtualization Essential Training425,669 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,274,773 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,913 Views
Git Essential Training2,854,511 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,748,469 Views