Explore a Dancer example, library use, server setup, MongoDB interaction, and syntax. Learn about GET endpoints for a quote list and individual quotes. Implement a "random" quote endpoint.
- [Instructor] I'm excited to get started…with the Perl code.…I love Perl and it's really a powerful language…to work with.…Before we look at the main code,…let's take a look at config.yml.…The Mongo connector and Dancer package work…with this configuration file to keep…your configuration details separate from the main code.…This config file contains a lot of the information…we've been putting inside the code in other languages,…but I'm sure you can see the advantages…to keeping this information separate.…It makes securing the system easier.…It allows you to have a deployment flow…where your development, staging,…and production sites all use the same code,…controlled by their own config.yml file.…
We have the settings combined in here,…mainly, here are the Mongo settings for host and port,…and down here are the settings that Dancer uses…of content type and port.…This is a yml file, indentation does matter,…so the port under the MongoDB plugin setting,…doesn't interfere with the setting for the port…at the top level for Dancer.…
- Why become a polyglot programmer?
- Exploring Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby code
- Building on prior knowledge to learn new programming languages
- Learning API read and write functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Implementing API functionality in Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Becoming a Polyglot
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.