Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Estimate the scaling needs of a site, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- Talking about scaling is a little bit like…talking about the boogey man.…It's scary and most of the time,…there's nothing to worry about.…Most stores are not going to run into scaling issues.…Having said that,…definitely talk about it.…More than likely there's one number…the client wants to talk about,…and there should be one number…that you want to talk about.…The client will want to talk about…the number of products,…and that's almost never an issue.…Almost every single platform can handle…thousands and thousands of products…without any issues.…Functionally speaking loading a product page…is similar to loading a blog post.…
The issue is traffic, sessions and checkouts.…Now traffic is something you should discuss…with clients for any project.…Most clients aren't going to have an issue with traffic.…They usually don't generate enough…to warrant special hosting.…But if you are working with a strong brand,…or a company that's very good with marketing,…make sure you let them know that as traffic increases,…upgrades may be necessary.…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.