Join Enno Stuurman for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the output in Magento themes, part of Building Magento 2 Themes.
- [Instructor] We ended our previous video…with a fantastic looking Themento logo…and our fancy Favicon.…In this video we're actually going…to change the HTML output of our page.…We're going to remove the help us…keep Magento healthy report all bugs,…not that we don't want to keep Magento healthy,…we even want to make it healthier, but we don't want…to have this text for our visitors of our Themento web shop.…
But before we are going to do that,…I'm going to show you exactly how Magento renders the HTML.…And for that, we're now going to have a look…at the theme structure or the theme folders,…like the theme front end blank, which is apparent.…But we're going to have a look at the module,…because in the themes you will find mainly CSS,…and some layout files with mostly CSS,…and in the modules you will find…actually all the HTML that is being rendered.…
So mostly all the HTML.…So what files exactly together create the HTML?…Well first we have the XML files,…like here in the checkout, we have the checkout cart index.…
Learn how to create and customize Magento 2 themes. Instructor Enno Stuurman begins the course by taking a look at the default Luma theme. After he goes over the structure of Luma, he helps you use that knowledge to build your own unique theme. Enno discusses page layouts in Magento themes, overriding and extending Magento theme CSS, deploying Magento 2 themes to production, and more. Throughout the course, he covers Knockout.js, Grunt, and other tools you need to master Magento theming.
- Creating custom Magento themes
- Changing the theme logo and favicon
- Moving elements inside a theme layout
- Customizing a product page
- Understanding CSS in Magento themes
- Changing your theme style with overrides