Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Display attendance, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Once a speaker has connected, they will get to see…information about each of the connected…audience members in a table.…We will create an attendance component…to handle this task.…Let's go over to our components directory…and expand that and we're going to add this…attendance component to the parts directory.…So, I will right-click above that and select New File…and I will immediately save this file as…Attendance.js.…And we will create this component…the exact same way, first by requiring React.…
Next, by creating a variable for the component…using React.createClass.…At minimum, sending a render function…to the React.createClass function.…And then down here, on line nine,…exporting our Attendance component.…Alright, so let's go back up into our render function…and actually add the elements to this component.…So, everything is going to be stored in a div.…So, at line five here, I've added a div,…and I'll close that div down here on line seven.…
The next thing we want to do is add a header.…So, we will display the word Attendance to our speaker…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
Learn React.js: The Basics (2015)with Eve Porcello1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.