Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Discuss currencies and taxes, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- In addition to payment,…you will also have to talk about currencies and taxes.…And this will overlap a little bit with payment gateways,…which we talked about earlier.…Sometimes store owners like to offer multiple currencies,…which makes sense.…It makes it a little bit easier…for people in other countries to understand the value.…Now, depending on how they want…to handle multiple currencies,…it could be either very simple or very complicated.…And this is where it's your job as the developer…to advise them of the costs associated with each choice…and guide them to the choice that is right for them.…
The two options are,…first, display prices in other currencies,…and second, display and accept other currencies.…The first one, just showing prices in other currencies,…can be somewhat easy.…There are several options out there.…Shopify has Auto Currency Switcher…and WooCommerce has the Currency Converter Widget.…So displaying other currencies could be as little…as 30 minutes of work once you know what you're doing.…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.