Determine the best ways to accept payment for your store.
- [Instructor] One of the most obscure parts…of running an online store is getting paid.…We all know a customer needs to be…able to enter a credit card, but what happens after that?…It used to be incredibly hard to get paid online,…but in the last few years,…a few really easy to use solutions came out.…You can now set it up in less than 15 minutes…if you know what you're doing.…The only real requirement before accepting payment…is a secure site, or HTTPS.…Since we are using BigCommerce and it's a hosted solution,…they take care of this for us.…If you go to your site, notice how any page loads in HTTPS.…
That means the data is encrypted…and any data including credit card data our customer sent…to us will be protected.…I love that BigCommerce takes care…of this for us automatically.…One of the most popular ways…to take payment is credit cards.…When you process credit cards, there are two parts.…The first is checking the credit card number,…the ZIP, et cetera is all valid,…and then making sure the customer's account…
- Why choose BigCommerce?
- Adding products
- Importing products
- Selecting a theme
- Editing product pages and menus
- Setting up shipping
- Setting up payments and taxes
- Viewing sales on the BigCommerce dashboard
- Omni-channel commerce and BigCommerce
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to BigCommerce
3. Select a Theme
5. Payment and Taxes
6. BigCommerce Dashboard
7. Omni-Channel Commerce
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.