Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Determine localization needs, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- One of the hardest things for some stores…is localizing their store for different countries,…languages or cultures.…Localization usually references translating languages…but can also apply to different stores…with varying products by region.…Having different languages usually means…using a human translator and manually translating each page.…This can be very challenging.…There are some solutions for WordPress and Magento…but they're very confusing and none of them are foolproof.…One of the solutions for WordPress is WPML.…
Sadly the tech is so limited it's almost easier…to set up multiple stores on different domains…than to run one store with translated content.…If you do set up multiple stores, make sure you use…an inventory syncing system like Stitch Labs.…That way you don't have to personally update…multiple websites with stock changes.…And whether you set up multiple stores or you have…one store with some multi language functionality,…there are some other things to consider like SEO,…search engine optimization.…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.