Join Enno Stuurman for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing a Magento theme, part of Building Magento 2 Themes.
- [Instructor] In our last video, we showed you how to…create your own custom theme and we actually created it.…In this video, we're going to get you up and running…for customizing your own theme.…So basically what you see in front of you here now…is the Magento blank theme or at least it's our custom theme…but it has the layout of the Magento blank theme…with the Magento logo and it's really skeleton theme,…no home page anymore like we had in our Luma theme.…
Just as a side note, we showed you our Luma theme…and then in one of the first videos but the Luma theme…is only enabled by default when you install Magento…with sample data and you can look that up on the Magento…download page, Magento with or without sample data.…If you have no sample data installed then you have no…default catalog, no default images but also…no default home page contents.…When you install Magento without sample data,…you will get the Magento blank theme,…which you now see in front of you.…
So how do we know that we're actually…looking at our custom theme?…
Learn how to create and customize Magento 2 themes. Instructor Enno Stuurman begins the course by taking a look at the default Luma theme. After he goes over the structure of Luma, he helps you use that knowledge to build your own unique theme. Enno discusses page layouts in Magento themes, overriding and extending Magento theme CSS, deploying Magento 2 themes to production, and more. Throughout the course, he covers Knockout.js, Grunt, and other tools you need to master Magento theming.
- Creating custom Magento themes
- Changing the theme logo and favicon
- Moving elements inside a theme layout
- Customizing a product page
- Understanding CSS in Magento themes
- Changing your theme style with overrides