Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Critical constraints, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- Projects usually have three elements:…getting them done fast, affordable, and of high quality.…And all three are interrelated.…You can optimize one or two, but not all three.…That's why it isn't a Venn diagram…with overlaps of all three.…The three combinations are design something quickly…and to a high standard, but then it will not be cheap.…You may have to put multiple designers…and developers on the project,…and you may have to hire an external QA team…to test everything for you.…This is great for clients with big budgets.…
One of the first eCommerce websites I worked on…had elements like this.…The owner wanted to improve the site every single week…and she was willing to pay for it.…The second option is to design something quickly…and cheaply, but it won't be of high quality.…This is great when someone wants to get going right away,…but they don't have a huge budget.…You could launch a small eCommerce website in a week or two,…but it probably will have a pretty standard layout,…and it may not have all the products loaded right away.…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.