Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the join form, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- Now we are ready to join our first audience member.…We are going to create a form…that they can use to join the presentation.…And we are going to create that form as a react component.…So let's go over to our Components directory,…and expand that, and then we're going to add…this to our parts directory.…So I'm just going to right-click over the Parts…and select New File.…And then I will immediately save this file as join.js.…Now we will create this just like every other…component by requiring react.…And we will create a variable for the join component.…
We'll use React.createClass for that.…And just like every component, we need a render function.…Great.…And I'm going to go ahead and just export this now, too.…Great, so we have our shell for the component.…So this component is going to return a form.…So I'm going to come back up here to the render on line six.…And return, and instead of returning a div, or a heading 1,…we're actually going to return a form this time.…Now, we are going to lean on HTML 5…to handle our form validation,…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.