Join Enno Stuurman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom Magento theme, part of Building Magento 2 Themes.
- So welcome to Magento 2 Theming 101 Series,…a series of videos in which we'll explain you how to…create your own custom and customize your own…custom Magento 2 theme.…In a previous video, we showed you the file folder…structure of a Magento 2 installation…and we showed you where you can find the themes…and find all different important directories…and files that you need to know about…when you create a custom theme.…
In this lesson we're going to actually…create our own custom theme.…So we've ended our previous video in the…app, design, frontend folder, and that's actually…where we are going to create our theme.…So, let's do it.…And first of all, we're going to create,…we're not going to call it Magento,…but we're going to call it Custom.…And this could be your company name or any namespace.…And we're going to create a directory.…
In this case it's theme-custom,…and let's call it custom-less.…Some people already might know what we're heading to.…But we're going to create a less custom theme.…So, here we have a theme, frontend,…
Learn how to create and customize Magento 2 themes. Instructor Enno Stuurman begins the course by taking a look at the default Luma theme. After he goes over the structure of Luma, he helps you use that knowledge to build your own unique theme. Enno discusses page layouts in Magento themes, overriding and extending Magento theme CSS, deploying Magento 2 themes to production, and more. Throughout the course, he covers Knockout.js, Grunt, and other tools you need to master Magento theming.
- Creating custom Magento themes
- Changing the theme logo and favicon
- Moving elements inside a theme layout
- Customizing a product page
- Understanding CSS in Magento themes
- Changing your theme style with overrides