Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Create prototypes, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- If you're building a standard website,…you may not need to create prototypes.…But if you have a client who wants very specific things,…it can be helpful to clarify exactly what they want.…Now, if they have an example, that's best…because you both get on the same page right away.…But if they're asking you for something unique…and you can't find any live examples,…then it might be helpful to build prototypes.…I'd like to give you an example of this.…I was talking to one of the developers…who works on WooCommerce.com,…and recently they updated the Search functionality.…When you used to click Search…it would open a new page.…
They recently changed it to open a search box…on the current page so that you could avoid…another page load.…This was a unique overlay that couldn't really…be found on other sites.…So if a client asks for something special like this,…I'd build a prototype before building the live version.…A quick explanation leaves too much up…for misinterpretation.…Again, this is to get everyone on the same page.…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.