Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Cookie visibility and theft, part of Programming Foundations: Web Security.
- Next, I want us to discuss cookie visibility…and to see how easy it is to steal browser cookies.…When you set a cookie to be stored in a user's browser,…that cookie data is visible to users.…In many browsers, a user can go into the preferences area…and inspect their cookies.…I've noticed recently that some browsers…have decided to make that process harder,…but older versions still make it very easy.…You have to assume that any cookie data that you set…is visible to users.…Cookies can also be stolen…using cross-site scripting attacks.…
This course is great for developers who want to secure their client's websites, and for anyone else who wants to learn more about web security.
- Why security matters
- What is a hacker?
- How to write a security policy
- Cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- SQL injection
- Session hijacking and fixation
- Passwords and encryption
- Secure credit card payments
Skill Level Beginner
1. Security Overview
2. General Security Principles
3. Filtering Input, Controlling Output
4. The Most Common Attacks
5. Encryption and User Authentication
6. Other Areas of Concern
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.