Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Creating lists, part of HTML Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In this challenge, we're going to…put to the test what you've learned…about creating lists using HTML.…We're gonna continue working on our…HTML essential training reference site…by examining the content to determine…which areas would be best served by lists…and then decide what type of list…provides the best semantic fit for the content grouping.…So I'm in the lab_instructions.txt,…file found in the 06_04 directory,…this is where all of our challenge files are…and the very first step that we have…is we're going back to the site navigation,…this time in terms of organizing it.…
this time in terms of organizing it.…Now this is gonna apply to every single page.…You're gonna examine the top level navigation for the site…and currently all the links are enclosed…in an individual paragraph and I'm just gonna switch over…to Intro to show you that and as we can see…as I scroll down just a little bit…and within the Nav, each of the links…is enclosed within a paragraph,…and it's like that on every single page so far.…
- Why is HTML important?
- Exploring an HTML document
- Formatting content
- Displaying images
- Using nav, article, and div elements
- Linking to pages and downloadable content
- Creating lists
- Controlling styling (fonts, colors, and more)
- Writing basic scripts
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Responsive HTML Emailwith Chris Converse1h 43m Beginner
1. Introducing HTML
2. Basic Page Structure
3. Formatting Page Content
4. Structuring Content
5. Creating Links
6. Creating Lists
7. Controlling Styling
8. Basic Scripting
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.