Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Ask the right questions, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- The whole point of this course…is to scope an Ecommerce project…and to do a good enough job that both you…and the client are happy with the results.…And the most important thing you can do…is ask the client the right questions.…You are the person that has to uncover…the unique needs from your client,…and you either need to include them or explicitly state…that they're not included in your proposal.…From my experience, there are a few things…that can make an Ecommerce project run way over budget,…much more so than a standard website.…So we're going to use the rest of this chapter…to look at a few things that could take dozens,…or even hundreds of hours, to get done,…and we really want to make sure that you take…these factors into account in your proposal,…which is the final step in the process.…
As an example, one of my first Ecommerce websites…needed a white glove delivery service…that didn't have an integration with WooCommerce,…so we had to create a table of rates in WooCommerce,…reproducing the delivery company's actual rates,…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.