Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Agree on communication tools and frequency, part of Ecommerce: Scoping Projects.
- One of the best things a freelancer or agency can do…is learn about themselves and what works best for them.…One of the things I've learned recently…is I hate being on call all the time.…Some clients want me to join their Slack channels.…Slack is a business communications tool…and I thought I would love this…because I'd get instant feedback.…And while I can get constant feedback whenever I want,…I learned there is a downside.…Anyone within my client's organization can ping me…at any time, and they expect an answer almost immediately.…This has caused a lot of stress on my end…because I don't want to be on call all the time.…
I learned the hard way that more communication…doesn't always mean a better project.…Sometimes, more communication means you're answering…the same question more than once, or all the time.…So I've started to request a single point of contact…for each of my clients.…This person fields all the internal questions…and decides what's important to send my way.…Many times, internal questions can be handled…
- Clarifying jargon
- Picking a proposal strategy
- Asking the right questions
- Estimating the scaling needs of a site
- Determining payment needs
- Understanding shipping needs
- Discussing currencies and taxes
- Determining localization needs
- Creating wireframes and site maps
- Creating prototypes
- Writing and presenting the proposal
- Keeping meetings on track
Skill Level Beginner
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.