Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a header React element, part of Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.js.
- Now let's add a header component to our app.…The header will be used to display the presentation title,…the speaker's name, and the connection status…to every app screen.…So to do this, I'm going to add a new sub folder…under our components folder.…I will right click over that folder, and select new folder.…I'm going to call this folder Parts,…and we will add our reusable components…into the Parts folder.…So from the Parts folder I will right click on that,…and I will select new file.…Now I'm immediately going to save this file…as header.js.…
So this is the file that will contain our…header React component,…and creating that header component is very similar…to creating our other component.…We need to include React, and then we need to create…the actual component using React createClass.…And createClass takes in our literal width,…at least a render function, and we're still using that…ES6 syntax for that.…So when we render the header,…what I want to do is return a header,…so I'll go ahead and set up our parentheses,…
- Setting up the environment
- Connecting sockets
- Handling disconnects
- Setting up the React.js router
- Passing state to child components as properties
- Joining the presentation
- Starting and running the presentation
- Asking and answering questions
- Graphing results
- Upgrading to ES6
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
Learn React.js: The Basics (2015)with Eve Porcello1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
Setting up npm scripts4m 22s
2. Connecting Sockets
3. App State and Routes
4. Joining the Presentation
5. Starting the Presentation
6. Questions and Answers
7. Graphing Results on a Scoreboard
8. Upgrading to ES6 Syntax
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.